About ACI Employment
Job title: Configuration Management Specialist
This position has been filled.
Job title: Facility Controls Engineer (Engineer II or higher)
Work as a team member, be a Facility Controls Engineer at NASA/Ames Research Center.
Location: Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel Facility, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
General Description of Duties:
Perform the role of a Facility Controls Engineer to support operations, maintenance, and project work in and around the NASA-Ames Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel Facility. Job entails several responsibilities from troubleshooting and maintaining existing facility electro-mechanical and digital control systems, to upgrading, designing, and developing new control schemes. In particular, a project is soon to commence converting the 12-Ft PWT into a Propulsion Simulator Calibration Facility (PSCF) to which this new position will be assigned. The control systems are Emerson Ovation based. Learn and understand all aspects of wind tunnel controls systems and documentation including P&ID.s, loop diagrams, sequence diagrams, one line diagrams, elementary diagrams, logic diagrams, control code, and system performance requirements. Knowledge of distributed control systems, Windows. and Unix based system and programming, and current advancements in the controls industry is required. In addition, basic electrical engineering knowledge is required for troubleshooting systems and circuits. Manage controls and electrical facility projects, develop and maintain realistic project schedules, track budgets, develop start up plans, review and update facility documentation. The ideal candidate will have a solid controls and electrical background, hands-on expertise in field diagnostic techniques, and design experience. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal interaction skills, strong written and oral communications skills and be confident leading facility and electrician craft teams. The ideal candidate will have an ability to develop fundamental understanding of a wide variety of facility electrical and controls requirements, applicable codes and standards such as ISA and NEC, in order to solve facility problems. An emphasis on continual development of technical excellence is expected along with a willingness to learn facility engineering practices from experienced engineers on the team.
Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance if required by client. Must be able to accurately communicate ideas verbally and in writing. Must be able to obtain a NASA badge and maintain access to the workplace facility. Adhere to appropriate safety, quality, and environmental practice, as well as business ethics practices. Perform other duties as required. Maintain credibility and good customer rapport as required to perform successfully as a Facility Engineer.
- U.S. Citizens only. (You must state your citizenship status in your resume or in a cover letter)
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering or related engineering discipline from an accredited engineering program.
- Must be able to work professionally, in both team environment and/or with minimal supervision, as required by specific tasks.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with persons at all levels in various organizations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to a broad audience.
- Must be able to work with common office software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to safely perform repetitive tasks that involve bending over, crouching, and crawling.
- Must be able to safely, frequently, and independently move and handle items weighing 25 lbs.
- Must be able to safely work at elevated platforms.
- Must be able to pass a medical physical, complete safety training requirements for, and then conduct specific job-related tasks, such as Confined Space Entry, Manlift Operations, etc.
- Must be willing to learn new skills. All necessary training will be provided.
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Three or more years of experience working in an industrial plant controls and electrical environment. Position may be filled at a higher level, depending on the applicant's qualifications, years of experience, and education.
- Knowledge of any of the following is a plus: Emerson Ovation control system, and AutoCAD.
Send resumes to