|About ACI Employment
Job title: Configuration Management Specialist
Work as a team member of NASA-Jacobs-ACI Team, providing configuration management service support for NASA/Ames Wind Tunnels. The facilities to be included are wind tunnels and related research equipment for the Wind Tunnel Division (Code AO) at NASA/Ames Research Center.
Location: Unitary Plan Wind Tunnels, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA
General Description of Duties:
- Perform the role of Configuration Management Specialist to support technical staff in the proper processes of Configuration Management. Work with staff to set up and handle the change control of documentation, SOWs procedures, drawings, SOPs, data systems, facility control systems, work packages, test related documentation, facility documentation, manuals, and project documentation. Develop procedures and train the technical staff. Engage in projects and tests from development phase through to field completion and execution such that all documents and changes are managed in Configuration Management databases. Knowledge of drawings and documentation software systems required. Knowledge of Adept a plus. Familiar with proper document storage both hard copy and soft copy required. Provide guidance and help the technical staff with configuration control of documents. Help apply numbers and nomenclature to documents and drawings for easy retrieval of information. Manage the upkeep and maintenance of configuration management databases. Develop forms and procedures for technical staff to follow for configuration management control. The position requires hands-on approach to support staff as opposed to directing and managing technical staff in the configuration management processes. Review the applicability of existing Adept system and make recommendations regarding improvement versus replacement.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. Ability to move boxes, crates, files, file cabinets, drawings files, drawing racks, large binders, and other document type materials. Ability to move in and around boxes and files stored in rooms and other locations. Must have the ability to climb stairs and multiple levels of fixed ladders. Must pass occupational physical examinations per NASA-Jacobs protocols and hearing conservation program participation.
- Work Environment: Work in an office setting and industrial environment around machinery, wind tunnels, labs, and high-density storage areas. Work can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the task. May work close proximity to high and low temperatures, rotating equipment, high noise areas, stairways, and multiple floors in buildings.
- Equipment & Machines: Ability to operate personal computer systems, telephones, and other general office equipment. Ability to operate plotter, scanners, copiers, and printers.
- Attendance: Standard work week of 40 hours, 8 hours per day, M - F, nominally 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM. Overtime through early start or late departure from shift work may be required. Weekend work may be required from time to time as well as off shift work Swing and Grave.
- Other Essential Functions: Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance if required by client. Must be able to accurately communicate ideas verbally and in writing. Must be able to obtain a NASA badge and maintain access to the workplace facility. Must be able to work across different departments and work with different technical disciplines. Adhere to appropriate safety, quality, and environmental practice, as well as business ethics practices. Perform other duties as required. Maintain credibility and good customer rapport as required to perform successfully as a Configuration Manager Specialist.
- Prior experience working in the area of configuration management with 10+ years of experience required. Experience working in configuration and document control on large projects a plus. Some education in lieu of experience may be considered. Position may be filled at a higher level, depending on the applicant's qualifications.
- U.S. Citizenship required. (You must indicate this in your resume or cover letter)
- Must be able to work professionally, in both team environment and/or with minimal supervision, as required by specific tasks.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with persons at all levels in various organizations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to a broad audience.
- Must be able to work with common office software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to safely perform repetitive tasks that involve bending over, crouching, and crawling.
- Must be able to safely, frequently, and independently move and handle items weighing 40 lbs.
- Must be able to safely work at elevated platforms.
- Must be able to pass a medical physical, complete safety training requirements for, and then conduct specific job-related tasks, such as Confined Space Entry, Manlift Operations, etc.
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Associate degree or higher
Send resumes to